I’ve been going back through some of my older creations and thinking about how to improve them. That means looking at how well the wire is wrapped around itself at the top, as well as whether I have the best findings (metal parts) for the piece. I wanted to share an example of one pair I redid completely.
I call these my southwest diva pair. Back in July, I made them like this:
Last week, I redid them, using gun metal plated brass instead of silver plated. I love the difference! I think the darker metal gives the earrings a whole new feel. I also concentrated more on the way the wire was wrapped, hoping for a tighter look. Although it took some time, I really enjoyed remaking them, and hope you like them better as well. (I wish the photos were exactly the same, but we haven’t had time to set up the studio again like we did for the first one.)